Scaffolding: AS I remember from my undergraduate courses, scaffolding is a metaphor for a teaching procedure which demands teachers to provide students assistance to solve a determined task, and this assistance should be taken off as soon as the student is able to solve the task form him or herself...meaning he or she already acquired the required skill. The metaphor comes from the building, the scaffolding is taken away when a part of the structure is complete. The new thing I learned about this is that it is not a Vygotsky's idea, but still I find it very useful to try to operationalize a ZPD
Languaging: is the use of language as a mediation tool to solve a problem or task. Through languaging we can internalize concepts , mediating thinking and going deeper/further into development. Languaging is conscious and voluntary and it can be enacted by collaborative dialogue or private speech.
Private speech: It is self-directed speech that functions as a problem-solving thoughts organizer. It mediates thinking and allows internalization. It could be mumbling, speaking out loud or silently in our minds. I imagine a good example of this by recalling the typical movie scene of disarming a bomb...so the cop would go "should I cut the red one, or the blue one...". XD
Now, I'll leave the rest of the concepts for tomorrow, because it's late and I am tired, but I will post some comments about today's class that I still can't quite understand.
c ya!!! :)
Woah! Some interesting concepts there :)!
ResponderEliminarThe private speech is part of my daylife. Because astronomy/physics papers are written in english, I HAVE to think in english when reading them.
I like scaffolding because make a person feel like he is capable to learn by himself, and that is very motivating
ResponderEliminarPrivate speech... love this one... I think that every learning has this "concept" within.